Saturday 5 November 2011

I'm gonna live my life by the stars that shine/Tonight I'm a rock n' roll star

Right, that's it. It has to stop now. I've had enough. This is driving me up the wall and I want it to end.

I'm sick to fucking death of people being so bloody cynical and miserable all the time. Recently I've just noticed that nobody seems to get psyched about anything anymore. Don't get me wrong, I've been like that many a time, but I don't let it rule my life, like it seems to with so many people. Sometimes it's just over big things, sometimes it's over every. Little. Piece. Of. Their. Lives. And it bugs me. I want people to be happy for once instead of being miserale gits all the time.

Take for example last night. I went to this horror-themed adventure-type park-thing where my friend works. He got us in for free, and on paper some parts sounded a bit lame but I went with it thinking, 'I hope I get scared tonight'. I wanted to be had. The same couldn't be said for everyone at the park though. Some iron-willed teenagers thought they were too good for the park, and that it was stupid and that there was zero point to it. Throughout some of the attractions, which were all like mini haunted houses with different themes, we had to be in single file and got let in two groups of friends at a time or so. Throughout this horror maze this 15 year-old in front of me, who can only be described with his 'wit', as a cross between a smug bell-end and Justin Bieber, was giving everyone a running commentary on the place. WAIT? THEY'RE NOT ACTUAL ZOMBIES IN THERE BELL-END BIEBER?! IT'S ALL MAKE-UP? I HAD NO IDEA THAT THERE WASN'T ACTUALLY A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE! I HONESTLY THOUGHT THAT WAS REAL BLOOD ON THE WALLS!
I just wanted to grab him and say for gods sake just go with it you bloody idiot, and use your imagination. (Seriously, where are the West's when you need them?)

Hell to him, I enjoyed myself.

Another thing got me ditching the cynicism this week I must admit. It was my birthday on Tuesday (23, thanks for asking) and I had work the next day. I could've bailed on not doing anything because it was a work night but instead I thought fuck it. I'm enjoying this and to hell with the consequences. My job sucks so who cares? (Before you begin with "Aren't you defeating your point by being miserable? *smug face*", I said ALL the time, I'm not concerned if you want to be pissed off from time to time). Anyways, the night out, yes. I went out, got very drunk. Woke up the next day, slept through my alarm and lost my phone. Panicking (it's a Galaxy Ace!), I searched my room. Not on my dresser. Not in my jeans. Not on my chest of drawers. Nowhere. Bricks were shat. What the hell do I do? So in a last ditch attempt, I went to put on my slippers to venture around the house and outside, and alas felt something in the right one. 


Yep, my phone was in my slipper. 


Work was rung, telling them the truth of what happened. I figured I was going to have my arse handed to me the next day. But I didn't. I got away with it scot-free. No warnings. No disciplinary. Nothing. I smiled a little bit inside and out. And I'd do it again ten times over. Maybe minus that 6th shot of Sambuca (I swear that's when you go from drunk to Charlie Sheen. 5 is fine, 6 is Sheen, remember that).

My point of this blog is to ditch your cynical side for once, and go have a great time instead. Next time it's your birthday on a week night, go celebrate. Next time you hate the world, remember it's not all bad, Malcolm In The Middle is still on TV.

Just check your slippers first, you may find something awesome in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment